Local Art Residency (LAR): Hello to our Fort Wayne friends! Here is what you need to know about this art residency opportunity:
- Available twice a year – Spring/Fall (you may apply to both)
- Duration of the residency is 4 weeks
- LARs are responsible for their own transportation, food, and shelter.
- LARs will have access to the gallery and studio/make space.
- LARs will be given a solo show alongside the non-local artist in residence.
- LARs will be expected to do an artist talk at the gallery, host a community workshop, and participate in an open studio day.
- LARs will be given the opportunity to sell work in the store.
- LARs will be asked to participate in a future artist panel to select the following year’s LAR.
- We ask that the LAR participate in community art critiques and share the experience with their fellow resident/s.
- Please be respectful of your fellow artists while working within the program by leaving clean spaces and respecting personal boundaries. We are a community and exist to support and uplift one another equally in order to highlight the art world locally and at large.
We encourage artists using all mediums to apply. The more supplies you can bring with you, the better. We make sure that you have what you need to make your artwork, traditional space or not.
There is a section in the application for any special needs or requests pertaining to your health, art practice, or any other things you feel need addressed if selected for either program.